Hi Kids,
Sorry it's been such a long time since I've posted...hopefully these pics will make up for some lost time. I just got back from a trip with Pedro to Big Sur. We left on Friday morning for this trip to the Central Coast, just three short hours down the coast from my home in Oakland.
Big Sur has an unbelievable landscape. Here, the aqua blue Pacific Ocean meets the Santa Lucia mountain range with incredible intensity. Lizards run wilds in these parts, as do various bluebirds, hawks, and California condors. These waters also serve as a wildlife refuge for sea otters, and surfers often find themselves surrounded by these crafty creatures - I saw it for myself! The plantlife in Big Sur was also quite variable, including Redwood coves, Oak forests, wildflowers, and high altitude sage-brush. Poison Oak was rampant in these parts...
Our camping trip consisted of hiking, swimming in the Big Sur river, picnicking, watching the sunset...all in all, it was a great time. I left Big Sur feeling happier that I live in this great state, and less familiar with the place that I call home. It's been almost one year here...a good time to reflect on days gone by and days to come. Now is not that time, as I am way too tired, and a little bit itchy from potential Poison Oak exposure. They say it takes three days to show...
Love to all. I wish I could bring each of you on my adventures. I hope that these pictures tell the story well. More to come, soon!
xo
Alis
No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario